What I like

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
David L

What I like

Post by David L »

I looked up something on the internet, the definition of something I think and one of the deals that I clicked on led me to a thread from a guitar building forum (which shall remain nameless) and what I noticed is that when someone posts on a thread they sign off with among other things all of the guitars that they own, like it's some sort of status symbol. There are a lot of things that I like about KGF, too many to list but I will say that I'm glad that nobody here does that. I've read the KFG rules (I believe there are only three) and there's nothing that says you can't do that, it's just nobody does, I like that because it symbolic that here at KGF no one is more important than anyone else. We leave our egos in the workshop or somewhere else and keep them out of the forum.
Some members here sign off with their company name or website such as "Authorized Martin Repair" or "Harvest Moon Guitars" and that's cool and even smart (IMO).
If I want to know how many guitars you own or what kinds or brands you have I'll ask you and you can choose to tell me or tell me to go jump in a lake.
Now I'll step down off my apple box and let someone else have a turn!

David L
Steve M.

Re: What I like

Post by Steve M. »

David, I am a member of an "acoustic forum" and I too have my inventory listed. Never thought of it as a status thing, just saw that the majority had theirs listed so I did as well. One thing that, for me, was good about it is when I had a question concerning a certain model I would search for members that had that model listed and pick their brain a little. Now I'm wondering if I'm a snob and should remove said inventory!!! Each forum is different, but the majority of the "listers" have great deal of help. Just my 2 cents.

Steve
David L

Post by David L »

Hey Steve, I never thought of it from your perspective, sounds logical. I don't think you should change how you operate on the other forum just because of my opinion, if that's the norm for the forum then it's an acceptable practice.

David L
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

David, I agree with you completely.

Kevin
Sjostrand Dreadnaught
Sjostrand Crossover
Fender all maple acoustic.

:)
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

Kevin Sjostrand wrote:David, I agree with you completely.

Kevin
Sjostrand Dreadnaught
Sjostrand Crossover
Fender all maple acoustic.

:)
Me too.

3 of my own
2 Gibsons
3 Martins
1 Walden
1 Ibanez
1 Goldtone
6 Harmonys
1 Rover
1 Partridge in a Pear Tree
Please disregard the above:)
Tim Benware
David L

Post by David L »

Okay you guys win.

David L
Dreadnaught kit (Almost finished)
OO-14 Fret (ruined the neck, gave up)
OO-14 Fret (in my mind, planning stages)
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

All in fun David, I think it is a silly thing to do.
Kind of like the "walls of honor" in the office, all some guys achievement awards plastered.
watergunn

Post by watergunn »

I would suffer from guitar envy stress syndrome if they were all posted!!

Rick Gunn
David L

Post by David L »

I joined a Boaters type forum a while back because I was getting conflicting opinions (from the so-called experts) on an issue I was concerned about and they did the same thing there, they listed the boat(s) that they owned.

David L
1984 20' Reno Skiff, 90 HP Yamaha 4-stroke
12' Pirogue, 4 1/2' paddle
U.S.S Constellation, 1:200 scale wooden model ship kit
8" Tyco plastic tug boat, to play with in the tub

All in good fun