1961 Gibson

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
LarryM

1961 Gibson

Post by LarryM »

I'm Larry I am 65 years old and I've been playing Acoustic and Electric guitars since I was 15 years of age. Right now, I'm trying to decide whether to make a bid on a little Gibson LG1 sunburst. It's in very reasonable condition considering it's age. They (GC) are asking $600 for it, I don't know if that's a good or bad price. I am not familiar with this site but I'll try and insert an image. On the back of the neck near the 12th fret there is a little "note" attached with capo information in what looks like typed ink. (I'm talking typewriter ink here). The fretboard is worn as are the frets. A lot of wear on the black pick guard. Although the strings do not appear to be new, I have to say it sounds pretty amazing and it does have that Gibson ring to it. The tuners and other hardware look original but I don't know that for fact. Any advice as to it's worth would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 1961 Gibson

Post by   »

Larry,
What is GC? Guitar Center?

-tommy
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

If action is good and structure is good, I would say that is well in the price range for that guitar.
Tim Benware
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

tommyboy wrote:Larry,
What is GC? Guitar Center?

-tommy
Yes Tommy, that stands for Guitar Center. Should have just spelled it out...sorry.

Post by   »

From what I've seen at Guitar Center and on the web, $600 is a good price.