Howdy!

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Darryl Young

Howdy!

Post by Darryl Young »

Hope everyone is doing well.

I've not done any woodworking lately. Been battling a few health issues etc. Having breathing problems and had my lungs scanned. I have damaged spots, like crystalized cysts. Doc asked me if I've worked around any chemicals and I really haven't save what most of us have used......garden chemicals like Seven dust etc. and pool chemicals (chlorine tablets, shock, algecide, etc.). I mentioned I have done some woodworking and it turns out my doc is a woodworker. Maybe it was caused by wood dust or possibly finishes but I don't have a lot of exposure to finish spray etc. and what I've done was sprayed with a good mask. I am guilty of sanding without a dust mask, and worse, using my Performax sander without a dust mask (only a wet/dry vac hooked up to collect dust....which has a filter but likely not a fine enough filter to prevent the vacuum spewing the dangerous fine dust right back at me. I'll sure be more careful from now on. I only mention it to remind everyone to be cognizant of this potential health hazard. No one looks back and says I wish I had worked faster and taken less time or spent less money setting up to work safely.
Slacker......

Re: Howdy!

Post by   »

Darryl,
Hope you win your battle real soon.
-tommy
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Howdy!

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Darryl,
Good to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your health issues and the you have not been building. We all I'm sure will hope that you get better, and start building a guitar again real soon. I for one miss your participation on the forum.
God bless.

Kevin