A funny thing happened to me last night

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Ben-Had

A funny thing happened to me last night

Post by Ben-Had »

I was laying out the braces on my next build (I don't use a template) and when I got to the x brace to mark its location I put it together and thought I got it wrong. My wife was there when I let out an expletive that begins with "SH." She asked what was wrong and I told her. Then I proceeded to flip the brace around and low and behold it was still off. I emailed John H and told him I thought the x brace was cut wrong and in his reply he said, "Take ONE brace and rotate it 180 degrees and then try again." Duh, that's what I thought I did in the first place, obviously I turned them both. It was a long day, what a laugh.
Tim Benware
Herman

Re: A funny thing happened to me last night

Post by Herman »

Been there , done that. You're not alone Tim!

I still can remember the moment. It fits right and the next minute it doesn't. Hu?
Love that funny moments (after a while)
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

I have been there as well with x-braces; worse, one night It took me three tries to glue a shaped tone bar on to a top. I managed to glue the brace on backwards 2 times. The third time I just carved it on the top.
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

I don't know if it happened because I'm old or dumb. Just hope it wasn't because I'm both:)
Tim Benware
Tarhead

Post by Tarhead »

That's the exact kind of problem my wife can figure out in the blink of an eye and I sit there and throw up my hands in frustration. I don't know who said it but it is true:
"It seems to me there are three kinds of people in this world: those who learn by reading; those who learn by observation; and those, like me, who have to pee on an electric fence and find out for themselves."