My dream summer job- well dream discounts...

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Dan Bombliss

My dream summer job- well dream discounts...

Post by Dan Bombliss »

Whelp,

Today I decided to take up a Guitar Center guitar tech job for doing repairs and setups for customer and store guitars. Not exactly my idea of a dream job, but apparently it's got some "potential" to be a decent job with comissions.

The Guitar Centers in the twin cities are all switching from 3rd party techs to GC hired guitar techs, and as the biggest of the 4 stores was at 4 weeks with no techs, they were basically begging me to take it. They are flying me out to Chicago for some class basically to learn what I have to do to get the store setup with tools and everything to have their own techs, and start getting the GC repair center started up there.

So the perks of these job is I get cost on everything! First thing on my list is a Taylor 814, brand new for cost, as soon as I can scrounge the cash I suppose. Only problem is I'm pretty sure I'm going to be more broke than I already am! But I'll be happy with my killer dealed toys.

Also, I hear there is a pretty cool wood shop, loaded with tools and apparently CNC machines as well, that you can join a membership for, somewhat like a gym I suppose, and work on any of the projects you don't have tools for. Seeing as how I'll be working in the cities on the daily, I may have to take that offer up and take advantage of alot of those tools, as I don't have the cash or the space for the setup I'd like.

-Dan
tippie53

Re: My dream summer job- well dream discounts...

Post by tippie53 »

I can see you spending money in the near future
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Herman

Post by Herman »

Hey Dan, good for you! That sounds like a place with potential on the buildingdevelopment. Good luck on it.

Herman
David L

Post by David L »

I have a feeling that you'll spend more money than you make, kinda like a kid in a candy store, anyway congrats on the job!

David L