"OO" and "OOO"

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Tspaxton

"OO" and "OOO"

Post by Tspaxton »

Greetings all...

...someting I've always wondered but never knew: What does the "OO" and "OOO" mean concerning these styles of guitars?
Anybody know?

Terry
tippie53

Re: "OO" and "OOO"

Post by tippie53 »

They are numbers that refer to the size. Martin sizes have a wide range. The modern era of guitars left the 1 , 2 , 2 1/2 and stared with 0 then 00. These were specific to CF Martin but were copied .
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Dang it, John, I thought "0" meant circular, so I've been making mine without any waist at all. More egg-shaped than anything, I guess..:-) Explains why my kit sides keep coming with curves in them, which are REAL hard to remove and re-bend into an "0"
Dave B
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

LOL
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Tspaxton

Post by Tspaxton »

Wel dave, I guess you could bend'em around a toilet seat to get the waist bends out... :lol:
enalnitram

Post by enalnitram »

deadedith wrote:Dang it, John, I thought "0" meant circular, so I've been making mine without any waist at all. More egg-shaped than anything, I guess..:-) Explains why my kit sides keep coming with curves in them, which are REAL hard to remove and re-bend into an "0"
Dave B
And when people see it they go, "O(h)." And when it's real big, they go "OH!", hence the "0000".

deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Tspaxton wrote:Wel dave, I guess you could bend'em around a toilet seat to get the waist bends out... :lol:
I'd been using the toilet seat for shaping my rosettes, which for some reason turned out too big....but your idea sounds equally good..:-)
Dave B
Tspaxton

Post by Tspaxton »

LOL... hey thanks for the silhouettes of the guitar shapes...