Cigars

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
mjmeehan

Re: Cigars

Post by mjmeehan »

Dave, Have you tried Cigars International? They have an extensive line on most brands. I'm spoiled by them as they have two stores less than ten miles from where I live.
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Thanks for the tip. I usually mail order from JR, but recently they have gone to an $8.95 flat shipping rate, so if I am getting a $15 five pack it does not make sense.
TWO stores? You don't need two!! Send one down to southern Oregon :-) All we have here are about 125 bong shops and 3 news and smokes type stores, whose employees , inevitably newbies, greet me with a big smile (old guy must have money - ha!) and ask if I want something new and unique and popular, leading me to a 'big storage thingie (I used to tell them it was a humidor but I've given up) and grabbing the latest FLAVORED cigar. Gag me with a white owl. In fact I would rather smoke an actual living white owl that something flavored with cloves.
I'm getting riled up!! I'll go check that website...
Dave B
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Yesterday I tried one of the new "Nub" cigars - this one was a straight ligero - the 'Cain' maduro - the newbie at the news and smokes told me it was a 'sit down' cigar, very powerful blah blah blah ...it was ok. Worth the $6? Not for me. You can google Oliva Nub for the theory of this new type of cigar shape.

Will I try another out of the Nub line? Probably, since I think Oliva has a great reputation.

Dave B
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

I have to say, the best cigar I have ever had was rolled right in front of me. For several years in a row, I was a high performer at my old company, and would qualify for the trips at the end of the year. One year, we went to Atlantis int he bahamas. In the atrium of the hotel, was a little old guy making cigars. Claims he used to roll for Fidel, but regardless, they were good. Smooth, rich without a nasty bite, and FRESH! Had one with a good friend one night on a guys dart night out. We had two beers each (when normally we'd have 8 or 9) and a cigar....couldn't even hit the dart board afterwards. Good Stuff! My local guy says he can get them, and has a production cigar similar to them, but I have half a box left of the Rocky Patels, and only smoke 4-5 times a year. I'll save the money for tuners.
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

Ken Hundley wrote:I have to say, the best cigar I have ever had was rolled right in front of me.
Me too! there used to be a gentlemen in Eureka Springs, AR that had large stashes of tobacco and you would select the tobacco and the wrapper of choice and he rolled it while you wait. Wonderful! Too bad he is no longer there.
Slacker......