Who Plays or Builds Mandolins?

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Darryl Young

Who Plays or Builds Mandolins?

Post by Darryl Young »

I play a mandoling in a bluegrass group (that doesn't play that much anymore). I've never built one but hope to one day. Anyone else play? Anyone tried to build a mandolin? I'll bet an F-style is challenging.
Slacker......
seanbig

Re: Who Plays or Builds Mandolins?

Post by seanbig »

Darryl,

I love bluegrass. I picked up a banjo and play that from time to time. It is on my list of musical instruments to build.

Do you have any links to stuff you play online anywhere? I'd like to hear what you and your band play.

Sean
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net
Bigger Room Productions - Web Design for any size project.

When You're Workin' on Somethin' Good
You're Gonna Need a Bigger Room
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

Sean, unfortunately I don't know of anything online. We played a lot several years back.........averaging playing 55 times a year for about 5 years. Then my dad had a stroke which affected his speech and we didn't play at all for years. Miraculously, my dad has progressed enough that we played out first show in almost a decade last year in Sept. I can't tell you how good it felt to sing and play with my dad again.........I thought it would never happen. We were rusty and honestly didn't do that great, but we had a blast!
Slacker......
seanbig

Post by seanbig »

Darryl,

Sorry to hear about your father. That's great that he has recovered enough to sing again. Having fun doing it is all that matters!

Sean
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net
Bigger Room Productions - Web Design for any size project.

When You're Workin' on Somethin' Good
You're Gonna Need a Bigger Room