Hello

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Winston_S

Hello

Post by Winston_S »

Have just recently joined the board and thought I should send out a quick hello to everyone.

My name is Winston and am currently living in Ontario Canada. I've been playing guitar for many years now and thought it would be nice to try my hand at building one. I have some experience with wood working though its mainly in the line of building scale model ships which I started building back around 2005 (see my website below if you like models). Anyways I'm hoping my woodworking skills from there will assist me.

Presently I'm working on getting some of the basic tools/equipment that I'll need to get off the ground. Fortunately I have a lot of them due to the ship building. But, I see that there are some specific things I'll need (or should have) which I'm on the hunt for now. With any luck, I hope to get my first kit in the next month or so.

Being a sponge for information, until then I'll be reading and viewing everything I can get my hands on.

Look forward to conversing with you all.
Winston (Kip) Scoville
David L

Re: Hello

Post by David L »

Welcome to the forum Winston, any ideas on what you are thinking of building?

David L
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

we are here to help . Ask any question you want and we will get you an answer . It may even be right
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Winston_S

Post by Winston_S »

David L wrote:Welcome to the forum Winston, any ideas on what you are thinking of building?

David L
Definitely a Dread. Just looking at my options as to where to order a kit from at present.
Winston (Kip) Scoville
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

we can do anything you would like at Blues Creek . Email or call we are here to help and supply a full range of support.
Blues Creek Guitars
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Winston_S

Post by Winston_S »

Thanks John,

Been sizing up that new BRW kit. It's certainly a little out of my league for a first attempt and definitely a one way all expenses paid ticket out onto the sidewalk from the better half, but who knows....maybe a third or fourth! :-)
Winston (Kip) Scoville
Woody OKeefe

Post by Woody OKeefe »

Hey Winston,
Glad you could make it here. These guys area great bunch with a lot of information and experience. If you get your kit from John or Ken ,you will be very happy.

This is very rewarding especially for a player.

Welcome
Winston_S

Post by Winston_S »

Runningdog wrote:There are a good number of builders in Ontario, including some of the greats -- Manzer, Laskin, deJonge. Where are you located? It might be worthwhile to visit and chat with some of your local luthiers.

Have fun!

I'm located just outside of Clinton Ontario. Its about a two and half hour drive north west of Toronto or 45 minute drive north of London. Will certainly look up the names you mention. Thanks!
Winston (Kip) Scoville
Winston_S

Post by Winston_S »

Woody OKeefe wrote:Hey Winston,
Glad you could make it here. These guys area great bunch with a lot of information and experience. If you get your kit from John or Ken ,you will be very happy.

This is very rewarding especially for a player.

Welcome
Hey Woody. Good to see you here. How goes your current project?
Winston (Kip) Scoville
Woody OKeefe

Post by Woody OKeefe »

I'm getting close to the finish and I'll post some pics when it is complete. Hopefully I will get back to my Virgina pilot boat soon.