Irene

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
seanbig

Re: Irene

Post by seanbig »

I hope everyone has been okay. Stay safe.
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net
Bigger Room Productions - Web Design for any size project.

When You're Workin' on Somethin' Good
You're Gonna Need a Bigger Room
ColestineGuitar

Post by ColestineGuitar »

I had ordered some bindings from Colonial Tonewoods in VA. Received a message that it would ship on Monday "provided we don't get slammed by the Hurricane." That got me interested enough to fire up Google Earth and scope out the lay of the land there in the far east. I began to realize that several of you would be effected--and not just because your bindings order might be late!

John, my own generator has been fired up about four times. To run my coffee grinder. I now have a manual grinder, but having running water during power outages is an attractive concept.

Tony: if you see some blackwood binding float by, snag it for me please.

Be safe guys.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

Still without power but the generator is working. I have hot water and cold beer life is good
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
David L

Post by David L »

Sounds like everbody made it through OK, it's really odd for me to be on the outside looking in on this one, usually I'm one of the one's dealing with this type of thing, but hey, the season's only half over so...

David L

Post by   »

Some inches of water in the basement, pumped out when power was restored. Some big limbs fallen in the yard but not as bad as a neighbor with the 100 yr old oak that broke in half and took his fence, kitchen and deck down. Stuff like that all over town so we were pretty damn lucky. Worst part for my area was the wind on the back end of the storm. So anyway, all's well that ends well.

tb
David L

Post by David L »

We are dealing with TS Lee down here, lost power for a couple of hours this morning and then when we got power back we didn't have internet service for awhile, if I disappear for a little while you'll know why.

David L