Enlarged my shop

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
deadedith

Enlarged my shop

Post by deadedith »

I spent the past week enlarging the shop. The main addition, after I moved a wall to accomodate it, was an inexpensive sawhorse bench - 2 pak of sawhorses for $20 at HD, 8'x3' melamine work surface $16 HD, some 2x4's HD $12.

Used the 2x4's as supports for the top, simply screwed on; for the shelf underneath the top too. All in all very sturdy, nice and bright, and cheap to replace. Compared to the space I had, which would have been cruel to even house Hannibal Lecter in, this open space with air actually moving around is just fine. I need more light though. And more space and tools. :-)

The bandsaw, table saw etc are on the other side of the wall. This space is temperature and humidity controlled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David L

Re: Enlarged my shop

Post by David L »

I have workshop envy!!!

David L
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

I know of guys who won't allow pegboard in their shop - each tool gets its own handcrafted little cradle of wood. They would snort, guffaw and laugh so hard something would come out of their nose if they saw my 'shop" - too bad. I like it, it fits my needs (if not my wants) and it's only a 15 second commute from my back door. :-) And ahhhh..a little space finally.
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

The cowboy workbench is still here, of course
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Dave the shop looks great! I am working on a new shop and will happily have a wall of pegboard. Actually instead of a shop I am literally working on a Man Cave as you can see in the photo below. When I am finished a will have a cleanly finished humidity control 20 by 12 foot space. I am moving in under a very deep crawl space. I will not have natural light which is a not the best but I will make it up with a lot of lights.