For guys 40+

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Ken Hundley

Re: For guys 40+

Post by Ken Hundley »

I've tried the nasal strips, and they help, but not much. I have also tried the throat spray, almost eliminated the snoring, but after a couple weeks of use, you find yourself occasionally trying to swallow something and it jsut doesn't work. Your throat won't swallow....like its paralyzed. A couple seconds later, fine. I noticed I was having a problem swallowing, but didn't connect it. I had gotten some of the throat spray for my Dad as a joke. He laughed his arse off. A couple weeks later, he said, hey you know that stuff really worked...stopped my snoring. A week after that, we talked again, and he told me about the swallowing issue he was having, and we figured it out. I didn't think i had apnea at the time, just snoring. We'll see what the doctor says.
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
rgogo65

Post by rgogo65 »

I've been down both roads. This is good advice.
I do not have sleep apnea, I know a couple of people who wear Cpap.
Just be aware, while it helps LOTS of people isn't as simple as it would first seem and not everyone has a good time with it.
I found out during testing that I'm claustrophobic and that CAN represent an issue with Cpap. I tried all the fixtures available, full face mask included. I wouldn't want to try to wear any of that apparatus for any length of time. Whew!
ALl I can say is thank goodness I don't need it.
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

For some, the cpap takes an adjustment time. I was a little frustrated with it at first - it's something we are so not used to - but when my Doc explained how much danger I was in, I decided to call the device Mr. Cpap and to thank it every night as I went to sleep. I adjusted within a couple of days and now, when I go to bed, I am glad to see Mr. Cpap. :-)
DaveB