Solar eclipse

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Diane Kauffmds

Solar eclipse

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

FYI,

I'm taking photos of the eclipse. We aren't in the totality area, but we'll have 95.8% Sun coverage in this area. I've already started photography.

I used to be very involved with the Cincinnati Astronomical Society. I don't do as much anymore, but I used to do a lot of sidewalk astronomy with the only telescope I still own, an 8" dobsonian that I heavily modified. I bought a camera a few years ago to photograph things like this eclipse. It's equipped with a solar filter. I'm taking periodic photos. Near totality occurs at 1514 local (Eastern) time for us.

At this juncture, around 20% of the sun is covered. I'll post photos as soon as I get them loaded.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Morecowbell

Re: Solar eclipse

Post by Morecowbell »

So cool! Just watched it, we happen to be in the totality area, WOW!!!

Can't wait to see your pics!
"Facts seldom sway an opinion." - John Hall
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference." - Van de Snepscheut
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Here are the photos. You'll see sunspots in some...
1-1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5-1.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8 totality.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Wow. Very cool. Here in central California we had about 30% coverage. I took a quick risky look at about 11:30am pst. I could just make out the moon in front.
Morecowbell

Post by Morecowbell »

Great shots!
"Facts seldom sway an opinion." - John Hall
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference." - Van de Snepscheut
rcnewcomb

Post by rcnewcomb »

In the San Francisco Bay area we were 33% occluded. It made nice pattern of shadows with a colander.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out - another good day in the shop
jread

Post by jread »

What an amazing event totality was. I got to see it from my back yard and I can't describe how cool it was. I've never seen a picture come close to doing justice to what was up there today.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

rcnewcomb wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:19 pm In the San Francisco Bay area we were 33% occluded. It made nice pattern of shadows with a colander.
Now THAT'S really cool!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

I saw the 2017 total eclipse in Columbia, Missouri. Amazing. Great pictures Diane!
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
John Reid

Post by John Reid »

Wow! Great pictures!!
My wife and I drove 5 1/2 hrs from central PA to Schenectady NY, to my sister's, then the next day we drove another 2 1/2hrs to Ticonderoga NY to pick up another sister and drove about 20 miles further north and found a little park and saw 2min and 10sec of totally. Had a blast just being together and luckily the sky was clear enough for a spectacular show. So glad we went.