SPAMHAUS

Talk About Anything Here, Anything At All
Kevin Sjostrand

SPAMHAUS

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

What's up.
Says my IP IS blacklisted. I'm getting frustrated.
I cleared iT once now it's back.
I have new T Mobile internet but that shouldn't matter.
Help please.

Kevin
jread

Re: SPAMHAUS

Post by jread »

The only times I've seen this happen are when people are connecting to our site while also connected to a VPN on their home machine. That said, the the blacklisted message is coming from our hosting provider and not the forum software. If you'd like, send me your home public IP. ( what is reported from https://whatismyipaddress.com/ ) in a private message and I'll double check our logs and settings. We do have a block list on our site but that is not the message you would normally see if our PHPBB software was blocking you.

Sorry you are having trouble and I'd guess it's a VPN client on your machine. Let me know if not.
Kevin Sjostrand

Thanks
Here it is

tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

there seems to be a lot of this going around. Paypal and a few other sites and all messed up
lord knows why
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Kevin Sjostrand

I'm not using a VPN unless somehow T Mobile Home Internet has one internally?

This is a nuisance. If I want to post I have to use my phones cellular which is Verizon.
Kevin Sjostrand

Seems the IP address of my new router is the issue.
Hoping to resolve this today
jread

Post by jread »

Good to hear. Sorry I haven’t replied but I haven’t seen any issue on our log. I agree it seems on your side unfortunately. It is possible we’d need to open a support case with our hosting provider if they are blocking some new router that they shouldn’t be. Keep me updated. Thanks.
Kevin Sjostrand

Thanks
Kevin Sjostrand

I spent the afternoon at the T Mobile store with a sales guy who called up their tech department about this issue.
They'd never heard of Spamhaus.
I think the key thing that came out of the discussion is that the T Mobile Gateways use a dynamic IP; the IP address changes at random times, it dies not remain the same.
So strange that Spamhaus is saying a particular IP is blacklisted, when over the course of about 10 days I'm using this router, the IP has probably changed a number of times.
The tech said something about they may be seeing it as a VPN and somehow that alerts them,??

I don't know. I've had no other issues. I've run anti-virus scans on my 3 computers and my phone and no issues showed up. No mallard, etc.
Perhaps you could request them to unblacklist what ever they've done so I can still post?
T Mobile says they can't change the routers to static IP
Thanks for any help you can give.

Kevin
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Kevin, I just got the jist of what's happening. I did a general internet search on SPAMHAUS. Apparently, it's an organization that does threat analysis of on internet networks.

As odd as it may be, they may have blocked your internet. I'm going to contact them, explain what's happening, and see if I'm right. Hang in there Kevin. I'll let you know as soon as I get a response.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com