interest in a skype Webinar

Get Togethers, Workshops, Open Houses (Any Place, Any Size)

Re: interest in a skype Webinar

Post by   »

**UPDATE**

With the busy season and Woodstock Show nearly upon us, we will be planning the initial Webinar for end of year, hopefully the week between Christmas and New Year.
Here's what we need from you folks:
Your availability.
We realize we have a wide diversity of US and foreign time zones. We are considering a repeat of the Webinar so that all time zones will be accommodated.
Weekday daytime, weekday evening, Saturday daytime Saturday evening, Sunday daytime or Sunday evening?

Topics.
Tell us what you'd like as content of the Webinar.
Any specific building process that could use some clarity. Specific step by step processes.
We expect that viewers of the Webinar will be able to comment and ask questions in real time.

Let us know how the Webinars can help you.

-tommy
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

I would like to watch someone experienced install wood bindings with purfling along the sides and see how they miter the purfling at the end wedge and then trim the end wedge flush where it fits up against the binding (there is no pufling above/below the end wedge because it was mitered into the end wedge purfling). Just watching someone experienced do this I'm sure I could pick up on better methods than my current approach.
Slacker......

Post by   »

I'd like to see how an armrest is constructed/installed.

-tommy

Post by   »

bump
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

A possiblity I'll be out of town the week between Christmas and New Years so I may not be able to attend.......not sure.
Slacker......

Post by   »

Hey Darryl,
Depending on the availability feedback we may do the first Webinar twice in order to accommodate all who want to participate.
-tommy
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

Darryl Young wrote:I would like to watch someone experienced install wood bindings with purfling along the sides and see how they miter the purfling at the end wedge and then trim the end wedge flush where it fits up against the binding (there is no pufling above/below the end wedge because it was mitered into the end wedge purfling). Just watching someone experienced do this I'm sure I could pick up on better methods than my current approach.
+1 I'll be available.
Tim Benware
naccoachbob

Post by naccoachbob »

You might take a look at UStream.tv
Steve Krenz, who taught the Learn & Master Guitar course comes on line almost every Tues evening at 7pm central time for about an hour.
The video is totally on Steve during the period, but there's a chat that the audience can get into. From there they can ask questions, make comments, etc.
It works pretty well. On occasion there are lags in the video. It was bad initially, but lately I've not seen any problem although I hear several people at each session complain of lags.
I know that Steve's people pay UStream so that they don't interrupt the broadcast with commercials, nor do they require the audience to buy a subscription to avoid commercials.
I have no idea on the costs involved in this though.
Just a thought.
Bob