Got the box closed on #5 installed binding on the back one evening and set up to do the top binding channel the next evening.
Made several test cuts to get the depth of cut right where I wanted it. Got the body in the sled and started making the rout. Almost immediately something didn't sound quite right so I stopped and looked and the router bit had worked itself loose from the collet and had slipped down over a 1/4" cutting all the while.
Spent the next two days removing the top and top kerfing, replacing the kerfing, profiling the sides and cleaning up the top to put everything back together.
Set up and cut the binding channel again, all looked good until I put the binding in place. Somehow, don't ask cause I don't know, had made the cut about .060" to far down on the sides. So now I have a nicely cut channel that the binding does not fill.
I considered various purfling additions to regain the missing height but decided that taller binding was the best solution.
I emailed several binding suppliers and found one that indicated a willingness to make some binding .320 tall. The supplier did not have any blood wood to cut at that time but said he woukd be getting some soon. Two weeks later no binding.
Ordered a bloodwood board thinking I would cut some binding myself. Got the board in the mail and it was not nearly as red as the binding that was already installed on the backside.
So after nearly a month of trying to solve the binding issue here is what I came up with.
I know it doesn't match the binding on the back but I think it looks pretty good.